Thursday, July 3, 2014

An Introduction ... Unless You Know Me Already

Greetings, and welcome to my blog!  The name is Jason Hubbard, born and raised in Pennsylvania, currently living in fabulous Las Vegas.  I am an author of six novels (plus one I started when I was 17 which was never finished and will never see the light of day if I have anything to say about it), two of which are published.  No, I really mean it!  Just go to Amazon.com, search my name, and you'll see both right there in the results!  Though you'll have to search under "Books" and scroll down a little.  And good luck actually buying one, since available items are extremely limited.

It's no big deal, really.  One of them, "The Sands of Carsiss," was made by a subsidy publisher (that means I had to pay them instead of the other way around); the other, "The Taming of Adam," was from a print-on-demand publisher (and wouldn't you know it, it's now out of print).  I intend to comment on them in later posts; for now, let's just say I haven't seen even a dime for them in years.

Now, now, I'm not asking for you to buy a ticket to the pity party (although if you'd like to, please leave your credit card number in a comment below).  Nor am I ever going to pressure you to buy one of my books or else I'll make you click on a link leading to a Youtube video of me pitching a fit.  In my underwear.  Or maybe in less.

No, this blog is simply an outlet for me to post my thoughts on my work and the work of others.  I suppose I'll primarily focus on fantasy novels (since they're my thing, you know), but I should occasionally comment on a book or movie from some other genre.  I will of course be selling myself from time to time, and I hope that in my meanderings you'll learn a thing or two, or simply find something worth commenting on.  If you happen to be a fan of fantasy books and movies yourself, and/or you're another author with dreams of becoming the next Dickens or Rowling, I'd be happy to hear from you.  I'm even open to criticism, just don't act like a typical Youtube commenter.  You know what I mean!

No comments:

Post a Comment